Thursday, June 27, 2013

Noy's First Oil Pastel Paintings


It was my first week working at a school in East Jakarta.

There was a display presented by Faber Castell.

I was so excited to see what they had. So, I went there after the class dismissal.

There were lots of good stuffs. But, only one object attracted my attention. It was one set of oil pastels. So, I couldn’t resist buying the set of 24 oil pastels.




Then, on the next days, I went to Gramedia Book Store near my house and bought a book (How to paint with pastels – Panduan Melukis dengan Pastel by Philip Berrill ‘The Flying Artist’).





At home, I looked through the book and tried to do the instructions on A4 paper. I preferred seeing the pictures to the words :D

My first trial was not so good. Haha... still needs lots of practices




But, I really enjoyed it, especially when I did these:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

Then, I put it in a frame :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

post to..